Here's the truck after a quick few weeks of work. I gave it the "Rat Rod" treatment.
click on picture to enlarge
- went through the whole electrical system (which was a mess) and got everything repaired and working good.
- new emergency brake cables
- new speedo cable
- swapped out the gas tank with one that wasn't rusty
- new shift coupler
- new gas lines and fuel filters
- used chrome emblem
- bay window rear bumper
- neutralized the surface rust on the body by brushing some phosphoric acid on it
- coat of Krylon rattle can primer spray paint
- Rustoleum Flat Black spray paint.
- Repaired broken hub cab clips
- Painted wheels Rustoleum Red
- New tires w/ white-walls buffed wider by me
- Installed non-broken windshields
- "peep" side mirror
- misc. white trash add-ons (wolf whistle, chrome flamed license plate frames, fuzzy dice, etc.)